10.30.2013

1990s IN ETERNAL OPTIMIST

1990s in the Eternal Optimist!
"How much am I in control of my destiny? That was one of my main questions during the 90’s. At the same time I was in love with the idea that photographs are perceived as reality. By creating images that looked real, I was able to write my own history. If I was feeling lonely, I had intimate images to remind me I was not alone. Photographs of rooms, objects, and the arrangement of furnishings represented a balance between choices and chance. When a band that had been styled and put into a staged situation but looked caught off guard in my shot, I was in heaven. The 1990’s presented opportunities through new magazines where fashion was just an accessory to tell a story, Chloë Sevigny was still a kid, a hand could be an eye, and to surpass our limitations was the expected outcome." M.K.

No comments: